My friend Tara and her husband are driving from South Carolina up to Alaska (he's being stationed there in the Air Force) and they happened to pass through Ogden! (*Note: Tara moved into my elementary school in 3rd grade and then moved to Washington state at the end of 4th grade. Amazingly enough we wrote letters fairly religiously and saw each other every few years. I went to DC last year and stayed at her parents house while she was visiting them. It was awesome! I'm so glad we were able to remain friends even though it wasn't exactly easy!)
Anyhoo, so Ian and I drove up to Ogden, stopped at my parents' house, then went to Olive Garden (like I said... internationalish...). Reason: Olive Garden is one of Chris and Tara's favorite restaurants and there isn't one in Anchorage. Sad day for them. So we went to Olive Garden. It was a lot of fun! I hadn't ever met Chris before (when we were together in DC he was overseas on a mission), so that was awesome.
Look! Picture...
Huzzah!
Next week we'll be back to our usual...
Ian's family is coming up this weekend and his sister Livvi is going to stay here and have her first taste of college life. It should be a blast! We're also celebrating his nephew's first birthday (cutest baby boy EVER!), and I'm really excited to see everyone. It was a lot of fun last time, and I expect this time to be no different! A full report to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment