So I have determined that food seems to be the single most unifying factor in human existence. This past weekend Ian's family was in town, so we spent a good chunk of it having a blast with his family. And, as with most family events not dependent upon whose family you are are with, I was incredibly full the entire time.
Livvi stayed with me at my apartment. It was a ton of fun. We had our pizza night, as usual, on Thursday night. And we ate A TON of pizza. Well, mostly Ian ate a ton. Livvi and I just ate a lot. On Friday I took the afternoon off work and took Livvi to my favorite cafe down in Springville (Art City Trolley). The food there is so fantastic. Then we went and bowled with Cheryl and Tom (Ian's parents), Heather, Graham, and Jack. (Ian was taking a test... lucky man, haha). And we were all equally bad. Graham won with a grand total of 85... it's true. Heather came in second with 68... and Tom and I tied for third with a grand awesome total of 67. Yes. We're that good. On an awesome note, we ate chocolate covered cinnamon bears...which always make life better.
Then Seth joined us and we went to Red Robin, the restaurant of choice for Oxborrow family gatherings. (A choice I don't mind!). We had burgers and endless steak fries. Mmm Mmm good!
That night Livvi, Ian, and I hung out and eventually we ended up watching Terminator Salvation. I slept through the end. I stayed awake through the rest... and slept through the battle. Figures.
Saturday we spent most of the day up in Bluffdale at Graham and Heather's for Jack's first birthday! It was snowing on Saturday, but despite that fact, the men still wanted to go out and play some ball. So we were out throwing the football... and Ian and Graham went up for a ball that I threw... and Graham came down with a majorly dislocated finger... yeah, as in poking out in directions it is not meant to. Tom just grabbed it and put it back, but Graham's playing was done for the day... Nice, eh?
We also played Scene It, and Livvi, Ian, and I won with a come-from-behind victory. Livvi got "Breakfast Club" and we ended up moving twelve spaces on the roll... got the all play challenge... and won off of Whoopi Goldberg guessed by yours truly. It was a lot of fun.
Jack's party was great. My salsa was a hit, which is always appreciated. And the rest of the food was fantastic (again... really full...). And then we watched Brian Regan... hilarious, plus Graham was dying from laughing, which made it that much more hilarious.
Sunday we went to church and then Ian's parents and Livvi headed home to Vegas.
And thus ended the weekend of awesomeness.
Although we did go over to my grandparents' house for dinner on Sunday (which was marvelous) and filling again. :)
Look for the St. Paddy's Day post upcoming. It will have photos of our kind-of traditional Irish fare and our non-alcoholic celebration. Haha...
The Grisham Papers: A Time to Kill (movie)
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment